Event image best practices
What makes a good event image?
Images should reflect the topic or give an overall sense of who, where and/or what the event is.
- Correct pixel dimension: 600px x 600px
- Include no text
- High contrast ratio of at least 3:1
- The contrast between background and foreground should pass "Color Margins" based on the contrast checker
- Crisp and clear images -- not blurry, pixelated, skewed or stretched
- Images need to be optimized (file size reduced for the web for fast load time).
- File size: less than 50 kb
- Adobe photoshop
- At "Optimize your image", drag the scroll bar to the left to bring the value to 15% image quality. Click "Resize image" and download your optimized image.
- YouTube tutorial
Accessibility contrast checkers