Hiring: Web Content technician (part-time)
Web Communications (within Marketing and Communications) is looking for a content technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, a self-starter, has an intermediate level of understanding web content/editing and can provide support to the content team staff. This person will be responsible for assisting with handling the flow of events and news promotions, requests, page reviews/edits, site content reviews, enhancing internal resources and other content-driven tasks as appropriate.
- Ensuring website content is accurate and up-to-date
- Assisting with content reviews and edits
- Resizing and optimizing images for the web
- The ability to follow verbal and written directions with an eye for detail
- Able to move requests, tasks and projects forward
- Handle web requests when necessary
- Follow university guidelines and web accessibility standards
- Intermediate understanding of HTML and familiarity with editing pages in a content management system
- A basic understanding of user experience and accessibility
- Relevant experience with SEO and writing/editing web pages
- Available up to 20 hours/week
- Experience with marketing, journalism or another communications-related field
How to apply
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Interested in the Web Content Technician position".