United Photo Works is a Detroit-based photography company located in the New Center area. We specialize in documenting large and small events, professional headshots, and portraits. We can offer on-site printing for golf outings and special receptions. A 24- to 48-hour delivery time is standard, although we do offer same-day editing if needed for media outlets. WSU references available.
David Charles Dalton Photography
For over 20 years, I was a staff photographer at The Macomb Daily. During that time, I won numerous awards for news, feature and sports photography. I am currently available for freelance work in southeastern Michigan. Link to portfolio: http://david-dalton-pf7a.squarespace.com
Call Photography, LLC
9029 Pine Cove Drive, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Phone - 734-449-2467
Cell - 734-320-0487
Call Photography, LLC has been in business since 1995. We have a large pool of photographers who can bring their talents and experience to photograph a variety of projects and events, such as portrait photography (headshots), sporting events, lectures, award ceremonies, candid photography and commencement ceremonies. We have the ability to print on site, have photo booth capabilities and more. We welcome the opportunity to work with you! Click link to see samples of our work http://tiny.cc/CPportfolio
Social Payne Productions, LLC
Phone - 313-571-5173
As an alumnus of Wayne State University, I was inspired to start a digital marketing company that would assist educational institutions like Wayne State with professional photography, videography, etc. As your new photographer, I assure you that you will receive the utmost professional service, along with a great smile and personality. Send me an email or give me a call to schedule your next event!
Tips for scheduling a successful photography assignment
1. Schedule a photographer as early as possible
- Visit mac.wayne.edu for contact info/bios
- Contact the photographer directly
- Follow up with a detailed email
2. Provide background information
- Assignment: Project name
- Location: Street address and room number
- Time: Start/finish
- Contact information: Name/desk and cellphone number(s)
- Parking: Best structure or lot if on campus/where to park if off campus
3. Provide thorough assignment details
- How will the shots be used (print publications, websites, social, billboards)?
- Are there specific people/dignitaries you need photographed? Provide names and titles.
- Is there a certain style you're looking for? Provide examples.
- Is there a certain deadline/turnaround time for the images?
- Are any of the images restricted use?
- Images will be provided electronically
4. Create a purchase order.
- WayneBuy, based on an hourly rate (or otherwise negotiated fee)
- Blanket POs for multiple shoots
5. Understand image distribution and storage details
- Photographer will coordinate image delivery
- MAC will store a copy on the university's photoshare server for archiving and general marketing use
If you have additional questions, please contact Christa Clark Raju, director of creative services, at 313-577-8157.