The Wayne State Street Squad
The Wayne State Street Squad was created by the Marketing and Communications office with the notion that current students can be our best advocates. Members play a key role on our team, representing the university at events such as America's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Winter Blast, Metro Detroit Youth Day and the Rochester Fire and Ice Festival.
Interested in joining the Street Squad? Take a look at the below commitments and responsibilities, then email a resume to Associate Director, Marketing and Communications Julie Hasse.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Be a registered student for the fall and winter semesters.
- Attend Street Squad training.
- Be available each semester to work at least three events and two on-campus additional work opportunities.
- Have reliable transportation to and from events or be willing to carpool with other WSU students.
- Be a friendly face with a positive attitude welcoming prospective students and community members to Wayne State University.
- Offer guidance and information to prospective students and the community.
- Be familiar enough with campus to give directions and details.
- Refer visitors to the appropriate source when additional information is needed.
- Network with prospective students and community members at events and activities.
- Remain in consistent communication with your MAC liaison.
- Be a member of the MAC student focus group.
- Attend focus group sessions, staff meetings and designated trainings.
- Starting at $14/hour for events and meetings.
- Opportunity to be a WSU representative.
- Complimentary Street Squad gear.