WSU-recommended videographer/video editorial vendors
When in need of a videographer for an event or to produce video content to promote a school, college or unit, it's recommended that the first step should be to contact University Television (UTV), Wayne State University's in-house video production department, housed within the Office of Marketing and Communications. In the event that UTV is unable to accommodate a request, the university has vetted four outside videographer/video editorial vendors and included them on Wayne State's preferred vendor list.
Vendor Contacts: Click the name of each vendor for their individual rate sheet
- Flow Video (pdf) (Visioned Media Creative LLC) Alex Scharg, email@example.com, 248-905-1155
- Nitty Gritty Productions Group (pdf) Vincent Yarbrough, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313-204-8557
- Qubic Media Group (pdf) Carla Cantu, email@example.com, 517-420-6976
- West12 Productions (pdf) Kenneth Paylor Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org, 313-550-5498
Tips for scheduling a successful videographer/video editorial vendor
1. Schedule a videographer as early as possible
- Visit mac.wayne.edu for contact info/bios
- First, contact is Arthur Lionas at UTV
- If UTV is unable to accommodate your request, you'll be referred to one of the select vendors listed above based on your project requirements
- Follow up with a detailed email
2. Provide background information
- Assignment: Project name
- Location: Street address and room number
- Time: Start/finish
- Contact information: Name/desk and cellphone number(s)
- Parking: Best structure or lot if on campus/where to park if off campus
3. Provide thorough assignment details
- How will the video footage be used: websites, social media, live events, etc.?
- Are there specific people/dignitaries who must be video recorded? Provide names and titles.
- Is there a certain style you're looking for? Provide examples.
- Is there a certain deadline/turnaround time for the capture and edit of the video?
- Will any of the video content be restricted in use?
- How will the video (raw footage or finished piece) be provided (electronically, hard drive, etc.)?
4. Create a purchase order
- WayneBuy, based on a half-day/full-day rate
- Blanket POs for multiple shoots
5. Understand video distribution and storage details
- The videographer will coordinate video delivery
- MAC may request a copy of some or all of the content captured for storage
If you have additional questions, please contact Arthur Lionas, director of media content, at 313-577-8337.